The roadmap and milestones
define the project direction and priorities.
- Lua remote plugin host
- Externalize more UI components
- Basic support for externalized code navigation (LSP)
- Embed Neovim everywhere
- Externalize window layout ("Smart UI")
- Syntax API: allow clients to query and define syntax groups, text attributes
There are release milestones and meta milestones ("buckets").
- Version-number milestones (
assign issues to production releases.
- The nearest upcoming version is assigned a target date.
- The todo
bucket holds triaged tickets with "medium" (not urgent) priority.
- The unplanned
bucket holds low-priority items lacking a feasible path to
- Built-in Lua[Jit]:
- Externalize UI components: cmdline, wildmenu
- Pre-packaged "universal" binary for Linux
- Windows support
- Externalize UI components: popumenu, tabline
- Pre-packaged builds for Windows and macOS
- First public release
- Publish a stable product that can be used as a benchmark for progress