This roadmap gives an overview of the project direction. A detailed list of features planned or under consideration can be found in the project boards; priorities are tracked by milestones:
- Version numbers (
0.2.1, …) track production releases. The next upcoming version has a target date.
holds low-priority items.
holds zero-priority items (no feasible path to completion).
Note that all of these are tentative and can be changed, moved, or dropped at any time.
- Lua API improvements
- LSP support improvements (v3.16 spec coverage, configuration)
- Tree-sitter integration (highlighting, folds)
- Better file-change detection
- Unified diagnostics API
- Updated defaults
- TUI as a remote UI (
- Externalized UI: window layout events,
- Lua remote plugin host
- Embed Neovim everywhere
Here are the headline features of the previous releases; for details see the corresponding release notes.
- Lua "stdlib"
- Externalized UI: multigrid
- Externalized UI: floating windows
- Externalized UI: messages
- API: buffer update events
- Vimscript expression parser:
- Windows: MSVC support
0.2.1 Built-in Lua:
0.2.1 Externalize UI components: cmdline, wildmenu
0.2.1 Pre-packaged "universal" binary for Linux
- Windows support
- Externalized UI: popumenu
- Externalized UI: tabline
- Pre-packaged builds for Windows and macOS
- First public release
- Publish a stable product that can be used as a benchmark for progress