The roadmap and milestones
define the project direction and priorities.
- Lua built-in (
- Lua remote plugin host
- Externalize more UI components: wildmenu, cmdline, cursorline/cursorcolumn
- Basic support for externalized code navigation (e.g. LSP).
- Embed Neovim everywhere
- Externalize window layout ("Smart UI")
- Syntax API: allow clients to query and define syntax groups, text attributes
There are release milestones and meta milestones ("buckets").
- Version-number milestones (
assign issues to production releases.
- The nearest upcoming version is assigned a target date.
- Low-risk fixes in the current branch are first committed to the
stable branch, then merged to master. For example, if the current
stable release is
0.1.1 and a bug-fix is assigned to the
0.2 milestone, it does not mean users need to wait until
0.2 to get the fix. The patch will be committed to the
stable branch and released in
is a bucket for triaged tickets which should be on the
roadmap but cannot yet be assigned to a concrete milestone.
is a bucket for low-priority items or items lacking a
feasible path to completion.
- Windows support
- Externalize more UI components: tabline
- Pre-packaged build for Windows
- Pre-packaged build for macOS
- First public release
- Publish a stable product that can be used as a benchmark for further progress